Skip to content
- Continue to care for indoor houseplants by cleaning the dead leaves and ice-cube watering.
- Taxes, taxes, taxes.
- Continue indoor projects like cleaning the basement and painting upstairs hallway and bathroom so I can garden 24/7 as soon as the snow melts.
- Check on stored bulbs such as dinner-plate dahlias and consider potting up and growing for early start.
- Sow seeds – I love planting seeds in peat pots so you can just plant it directly in the ground, pot and all.
- Garden planning. What do we want to eat this summer and fall?
- Share, share, share. Share garden ideas with friends. Share seeds collected last fall. Share garden books and magazines. The more we share, the more we have.
- Scour and savor all garden catalogs as they arrive.
- Prune, prune, and prune some more. I want to prune my William Baffin climbing roses aggressively, my crab apple needs some pruning maintenance, and I’m going to reshape my boxwoods.
- Best for last! Visit my grandma in Palm Desert, California, and get new ideas to take home to Madison